After returning from a four-game ban, Mikey Lewis is now sweating on whether he will miss more crucial matches in Hull KR's run-in.
Lewis was banned for a headbutt during the Robins' away loss to Warrington and during that period, his side won all four matches without their star halfback.
It was wondered whether Hull KR would stick with Ryan Hampshire due to their winning run but Peters opted to bring Lewis back in, citing the learning curve he has been on over the last month.
"Mikey's got a lot of learning out of the last four weeks. He knows he needs to stay calm and composed because when he does that, he's an elite player," Peters said.
However, the 25-year-old returned on Tuesday night for Hull KR's rearranged round two fixture against the same outfit and was once again caught out for ill discipline when he was shown a yellow card for dangerous contact with kicker Ewan Irwin, raising his studs which caught the young halfback on his ankle.
It means he has a nervous wait until Thursday when the Match Review Panel for this contest meet to decide whether he will get a ban.
He currently sits on 7.75 points, meaning that a Grade A charge would be enough for another ban, an untimely one too with just four games remaining of the regular season.
Warrington head coach Sam Burgess referred to the challenge as "very dangerous" and said that, if Lewis were playing in Australia's NRL, he could be in some real trouble.
"I think the challenge at the back end of the game was a bad challenge. It is a bad challenge. He (Irwin) is very lucky he's come out of that healthy. He's a tough kid," Burgess said.
© 2026 - VIPBOX - All Rights Reserved
Leave a Comment